Today, our Tigers, Wolves, and Bears from Pack 647 were able to watch Native Americans celebrate the customs and culture of the indigenous Michigan Indians at the 16th Annual Native American Festival and Mini Pow Wow in Southfield, MI.
The boys were able to be a part of the native dancing, enter a real tee pee, learn the Principles of the Grandfathers, listen to Native American Folk Tales, and buy real Native American items, all while earning their Native American Hertiage Patch.
The boys were able to be a part of the native dancing, enter a real tee pee, learn the Principles of the Grandfathers, listen to Native American Folk Tales, and buy real Native American items, all while earning their Native American Hertiage Patch.
Click on the PLAY button above to view photos from the event:

Jackie,
ReplyDeleteThanks again for sending me the pictures. I love ya’lls website. We are trying to get a website together, but are struggling a bit with it. Both another mom and I are trying to get our pack more organized and excited with events and so I was wondering if you would be willing to share a few of your other photos with our pack? I didn’t realize how much my boys liked the costumes until they were talking about them on the way home. If you could, it would be wonderful. I am trying to start a Den and/or Pack Scrapbook that they boys can help keep up. I can print out on my printer if you are comfortable emailing me the photos. They don’t have to be any that include your son specifically if you don’t want. I just don’t think the other small group that went got any pictures either. Our den, is from a little Christian school, the rest of our pack is from a school in Farmington Hills.
FYI, I’m having my 3 bears that went each make a model of a Native American Home (past or present) and they are going to display them at our November pack meeting. Mason (my son) is going to try a wigwam using straws tied with string for the walls. I told the kids they can use anything to make their models: Paper, Lincoln logs, legos, etc.
Again, thanks for your thoughtfulness. As I mentioned to you at the Pow Wow, I tend to be very comfortable talking to people who don’t know me. I consider it a spiritual gift. However, I embarrass my husband!
Blessings, J Mitch mitchallison@sbcglobal.net